Friday, November 20, 2009

Holiday Challenge


I struggle a lot with the Holidays. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smells, the lights, the music, the family, and especially the true meaning of Christmas... but I have to say-the gift giving and pressure to give something special even when you feel you don't have the means to do so tends to get in the way. There is something about surprising someone with the perfect gift on Christmas that lights everyone up but I just feel like anymore people just expect it. It is so sad when we have SO MUCH and there are so many people out there with so little. We just sit here and hold our hands out for more! I would like to challenge ALL of my readers to give something to someone less fortunate this holiday season! My family has decided this year that we will be giving gifts to each other from the World Vision Gift Catalog. 100% of your money goes to exactly what you purchase from the catalog and they will send you a card to give to the person that you bought the gift in their name! Say I buy a cow for a village in a 3rd world country (they can use for milk, dairy, and even meat!) the cow is $500... I can give a card to my sister telling her I bought a cow in her name! I could send a girl to school for $140! That is Crazy to me! My heart goes out to this and I am so pleased to be able to do this!

If I can get at least 7 of my blogger friends to give to an organization (of your choosing) this holiday season and POST about it I will double my gift of $25 I was already planning on giving in the name of my blogger friends. Specifically to the help for sexually exploited girls. This is an area that brings me to tears just thinking about it and I am passionate about. Like is said I am already giving gifts from this catalog to my family so this will be on top of that! Are you up for the challenge? Comment here so I will know if you have joined the challenge! Try to get others in on it too!

Happy Holidays!

Here are some great ogrinazations:
World Vision
Samaritan's Purse

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lu, I just love you! Johnny and I just went shopping for our Christmas Angel from Church, and we are getting together with my side of the family to shop for some angels this year instead of exchanging gifts for us! I totally agree that we need nothing, and I am so glad to give to someone who does! I love you lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! I love the Christmas angel stuff! Getting to pick out everything for a child... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete