Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This was from our wedding reception
Yesterday was me and Kevin's THREE year anniversary! I have to say I did not think it was possible to love him even more than the day we were married....I DO! I DO! It is crazy to me that people can not see God in the blessings of our lives! Even when things are so bad for me Kevin is always there to remind me what is important. He is constantly showing me how to be a better christian. Watching him grown in the Lord is AMAZING to me. To think back that he did not even have a personal relationship with God when we met is such a testimony. I can always remember the day he excepted Jesus into his heart. 04-05-06...pretty easy huh? I don't even know my own spiritual birthday! We were engaged about four months later and married just 3 months after that! I knew he was the one for me! They always say first year is the hardest. We were good for about 7 months then for the next 7 months was a little rocky (we were buying a house). I don't really talk about this much, but after a year of marriage we started trying for kids thinking.... we have a house....extra rooms to fill... but no baby : ( six months later no baby and six months later no baby. Then... Kevin lost his job. I thought, thank you LORD! You no WAY better than I do on when we need a family. How could we have supported a family when we had no income for 3 1/2 months! Finlay in Feb of 09 Kevin found a job! Better than what he had before! Financially we are almost to the place that we can start saving again and get back to the place we were pre job loss. Having a baby is still important to me but I have learned this is something I can not control and that God's timing is perfect! He has shown His faithfulness to me time and time again. Kevin, Family, House and Friends. I am thankful to God for all of these things.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, you inspire me to be a better person. Back in the day you inspired me to be a better Christian and I started going to Church with you EVERY second we had the chance. I need someone like you in my life that is soo positive about everything in life. I just want you to know that I cherish you and our friendship...even though we had our ups and downs together, I want you to know that I think you are amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes right now! You realy are so special to me to! I am so glad we have reconnected!

    ReplyDelete